[vdr] Re: FF + budget card + CICAM

On Sunday 02 January 2005 19:49, Peter Juszack wrote:
> I have a Nexus-S FF card with CI. I just tested Premiere with a friend's
> CAM and an original Premiere card and it worked. I am planning to buy a CAM
> and a budget card.
>
> I have a few questions about multiple cards and CICAM:
>
> - is the CI of the Nexus aavailable to the budget card?

No. It's "burried" inside the card and not accessable from outside for that.

> - if not, what happens when the FF card is used (e.g. recording a program)
> and I switch to encrypted channel? - how VDR finds out which card to use
> first in a multiple card system? - and last but not least what is a good
> satelite budget card?

If one card is locked by recording its receiver is not available for
switching. But the replay part of the FF is still available. You can receive
from the budget and replay on the FF. That's called "transfer mode" in
VDR.

Recording is always done with the last card first. But you can, afaik,
specify which dvb card is the primary, and this card is taken last for
recording (but I might be wrong on this one).

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index