[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Timeline 0.9.0

(Jürgen Schmitz)  02.01.05 23:57

>A new version of the timeline plugin is available.
>It supports vdr 1.2 and 1.3.

>Latest version available at: http://www.js-home.org/vdr

>Shows a timeline of all programmed timers per day and informs
>you of timer conflicts:
>- record transmissions at the same time
>and
>- transmissions are on different channels (on different frequencies)
>and
>- there are not enough input devices

Thanks, a nice tool.
Waited so long for it!

Compiles without any problem here (1.3.17 thread patched,2.4.27, gcc 2.95).

But i have a question or two:  ;-)

Does it take "LNB-sharing" into its estimatations or
only the transponders?

Is the plugin aware of mixed systens with DVB-T/DVB-C/DVB-S?

Wouldn't it make sense to choose different main time lines
for each card?
Currently i can't see that the timer is on DVB-T for example.

Would it be possible to change the color of the bar of selected timer
or make it blink inside the timeline?
It might be easier to see what's actually selected.

Is it by intention, that "inactive" timers are listed too
and in the same color/line type or in the same time line
like the active timers?
That's irretating.

Is the number of timers limited to 9 per day?
See example http://toppoint.de/~zoc/Foto/VDR/manytimers.jpg
The last timers are not reachable, or?
(And the lines are already very thin...)
(There may be serveral "inactive" timers in that area too.)

Wouldn't it be easier to move one cursor horizontal over the time line
and display all timer events "touched" by the cursor in the text area?
Then use the digit keys 2,8 (up/down, Move cursor 4,6 -> left/right)
to move between/scroll the texual timer lines if there are more than
could be displayed at once (maybe: to be able
to go directly to the timer edit menu with "red" or "OK" ;-))

Why is time and programm name toggled automatically?
I have the impression i have actived something and the rocket
will start soon if i stay in the menu ;-)

Would it be possible to display "day of week" too?

Nevertheless a very complex task you have implemented!
Good job, IMHO.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index