[vdr] cMenuEditStrItem does not work if no Tab is set

Hi,

if no Tab is set, cMenuEditStrItem does not work.
Probably the same is true for all cMenuEditItem classes.

A simple fix would be to replace the \t by a space
in cMenuEdit::SetValue()
  asprintf(&buffer, "%s:\t%s", name, value);

but of course that would break all setup menus.

if cMenuEdit::SetValue() could find out whether
Tab(0) is nonzero, it could easily be fixed. But
there seems to be no way to find out.

I solved this for me by using cStatus::OsdCurrentItem
which now sets tabs as needed by the item, so I don't
have to patch vdr.

But I believe a proper fix would have to be done
in cMenuEdit::SetValue()

--
Wolfgang

Home | Main Index | Thread Index