[vdr] Re: softdevice debian

(cc'd to the list, for the record)

rupert a écrit :
Hi,
do you have a working softdevice deb?
I have a working ./debian directory, ready to compile with static options. If you're looking for a ready-to-install compiled deb package, I don't have it.
"Static options" means that I modified the Makefile to suit *my* needs. The correct solution would be to create many binary debs out of the source package (one for DirectFB, one for XV, etc.).

I tried to compile one, but get this error:

vdr: /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-softdevice.so.1.2.6: undefined symbol:
_ZN9cVideoOut8OSDStartEv
You didn't compile the plugin with the exact same compiler/linker Tobias used. I had the same problem, and recompiling everything was the solution.
May I suggest that you also use VDR 1.3.latest, instead of 1.2.6 ? Darren Salt have a good repository with the latest versions of many plugins (he didn't have softdevice, last time I checked, but vdr-xine).

i never could configure vdr, because i need the the softdevice to give
me a gui,
I installed vdr over apt using tobis rep and did a apt-get sourve vdr,
than  i copied the softdevice into the Plugins/src folder and compiled.
I have a G450 and a not so good working config for it,
the pic is only BW and blurry, seems to be the svga cable.
Try with a real monitor the first time, and watch the logs and stdout/stderr. Since softdevice is still a maturing plugin (I didn't check 0.0.8 yet, though), many things could go wrong that won't let you configure and go farther.

Would be nice to have a working vdr soon.
If you don't want to compile and test and fail and invest a fair amount of time, stick to the standard VDR setup : video output using the MPEG decoder of a full-featured DVB card, no VGA.

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index