[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 10:38, Ben Buxton wrote:

> One to add to the list is the uselessness of the 'Channel not available'
> error. This can happen either because there is no valid CA device, or
> perhaps the box might be recording something. The message needs to be
> more informative, such as 'Cannot tune - busy recording'.

Out of curiosity, what message would you display for the common situation
where VDR can't retune because of a recording, but also can't display a
seperate channel on the same multiplex because the CA device is being used to
decrypt the channel being recorded? :)

I do agree that 'Channel not available' is a little vague..

Cheers,
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index