[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

Josef Wolf <jw@raven.inka.de> uttered the following thing:
> Hello!
>
> Am I the only one who finds VDR's error handling strategies somewhat
> inconvenient?  Here are some examples:

Yep I find that there are a few annoying things in VDR that need to be
improved.

One to add to the list is the uselessness of the 'Channel not available'
error. This can happen either because there is no valid CA device, or
perhaps the box might be recording something. The message needs to be
more informative, such as 'Cannot tune - busy recording'.

BB

Home | Main Index | Thread Index