[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.6.2 plugin

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 07:33, mike lewis wrote:
> Reinhard,
>
> I'm wodering if you could clear something up for me.  I've using
> vdr-xine to dvb-tv in australia.  However, many programs are sent in
> an mpweg2 stream boxed with a black border the whole way around.  The
> programs are generally older programs but it means on a 29inch 4:3 tv,
> you get about a 20" picture with black around the picture of about
> 2-3" the whole way around.

Eww, not nice. Here in Europe even the older programs are sent normal.
What I noticed is that many stations send a black border on the left
side, but that one is not larger than 10 pixels or so.

> Now, one option is to use xine to xoom the whole vdr display image
> (which doesn't work as I'm reduced to using vidixfb which has no zoom
> cababilities, although I'm told X11 will work), this method is not
> preffered as you will loose alot of the vdr menu when pausing etc..

As xine already can do some scaling you might be better off asking
the xine team if they can make something for you. I assume you
mean xine, as your question is a followup to the xine plugin...

> How hard would it be to make vdr xoom the picture some?  Is there
> already an option for this??  I have scanned the lists and seen some
> discusion but can't find any refference?

Maybe full featured DVB cards can scale? I won't bet on it, but you
could ask the driver folks (linux-dvb@linuxtv.org).

The easier way is probably to have xine (or mplayer?) do the scaling
for you. Easier in terms of time until it works.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index