[vdr] Re: [FINAL TESTING]: text2skin 1.0-rc1

----- Original Message ----- From: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 3:08 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: [FINAL TESTING]: text2skin 1.0-rc1

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  03.01.05 10:51

Laz wrote:

On Sunday 02 Jan 2005 23:11, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

I had to reorder the header files in loader.c for it to compile with
a poisoned vdr-1.3.17. Basically, just move

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <dirent.h>

to the top of the include list and it compiles fine.

Just for the record: there will be _no_ poisoning in the official VDR source.

Why?
Because VDR will no longer use any non-threadsafe library functions!

Do you like to hunt phantom errors and like unreliability? ;-)

I don't see no reason to place such mean booby traps for the
other programmers in the code/make file.

So what's the reason to allow the usage of non threadsafe non
reentrant libray call in a heavily multi threaded environment?
Since VDR won't use any non threadsafe library functions, what
would be the point in "poisoning"?
to "guarantee" that none of the non threadsafe functions are used maybe?
to force plugins not to use this non-thread functions?

regards,
gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index