[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

First: Happy new year to everybody.

Second: I just saw this thread and thought, I should mention a rather
annoying behaviour regarding the following.

Josef Wolf schrieb:

- VDR refuses to start up when there are "duplicated data" in channels.conf.
  What is the reason for this restriction?  Why can't I have a program
  multiple times in channels.conf?  Or why not to just ignore duplicated
  entries?

I use vdr 1.3.12 with CVS drivers. In the setup I allowed vdr to
add new channels. Now, at least 5 times in the last months, the
following happened: vdr added a new channel (or modified an existing
one) and the result of that obviously was a duplicate channel entry.
Nevertheless, channels.conf has been saved by vdr. And of course, the
next restart of the program failed. That's even worse as I have a
cronjob to restart vdr and reload the drivers once per day. Shouldn't
there be some kind of check for the newly created channels.conf?

Just my experiences
Ingo

--
* Ingo Janetzki                              Phone: +49-6221-1486-12 *

Home | Main Index | Thread Index