[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

Ingo Janetzki wrote:
First: Happy new year to everybody.

Second: I just saw this thread and thought, I should mention a rather
annoying behaviour regarding the following.

Josef Wolf schrieb:

- VDR refuses to start up when there are "duplicated data" in channels.conf.
What is the reason for this restriction? Why can't I have a program
multiple times in channels.conf? Or why not to just ignore duplicated
entries?

I use vdr 1.3.12 with CVS drivers. In the setup I allowed vdr to
add new channels. Now, at least 5 times in the last months, the
following happened: vdr added a new channel (or modified an existing
one) and the result of that obviously was a duplicate channel entry.
Nevertheless, channels.conf has been saved by vdr. And of course, the
next restart of the program failed. That's even worse as I have a
cronjob to restart vdr and reload the drivers once per day. Shouldn't
there be some kind of check for the newly created channels.conf?

Just my experiences
Ingo
Which channels are those?
On which transponder?

Whenever a new channel is found, VDR first checks whether that
channel is already in its list of channels, so I wonder how such
a thing could happen. If it does, it's of course a bug.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index