[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
I use vdr 1.3.12 with CVS drivers. In the setup I allowed vdr to
add new channels. Now, at least 5 times in the last months, the
following happened: vdr added a new channel (or modified an existing
one) and the result of that obviously was a duplicate channel entry.
Nevertheless, channels.conf has been saved by vdr. And of course, the
next restart of the program failed. That's even worse as I have a
cronjob to restart vdr and reload the drivers once per day. Shouldn't
there be some kind of check for the newly created channels.conf?

Just my experiences
Ingo

Which channels are those?
On which transponder?

Whenever a new channel is found, VDR first checks whether that
channel is already in its list of channels, so I wonder how such
a thing could happen. If it does, it's of course a bug.

Hi Klaus,

I can send you the generated channels.conf the next time it happens,
if it helps. I wonder, how long I have to wait for it (Murphy!).

Bye, Ingo

--
* Ingo Janetzki                              Phone: +49-6221-1486-12 *

Home | Main Index | Thread Index