[vdr] Re: CAM initialization problem

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 23:27 +0200, Tero Siironen wrote:

> I have problem with VDR 1.3.[14-17] and Technotrend's dvb-c FF card with CAM
> and Conax. Problem is that all the cable channels here in Oulu are
> encrypted. Now, if I have set CA value in channels.conf to B00 for every
> channel, VDR cannot open any channel at the startup as the CAM is not
> initialized.

Confirm that. I noted this here about a month ago also on another
thread.

Could the CAMs be somehow initialized before VDR starts to operate
normally?

> If I set 0 to every CA-value and let VDR update them to B00, the problem
> arises with recordings at the startup. Let's say channels 1 and 2 are in the
> same channel mux and we are watching channel 1 from the starup. When timer
> starts recording from ch 2 VDR crashes because CA value has been updated
> only for ch 1 and ch 2 seems to be free-to-air channel.

True. And there are multiple scenarios like this one that can arise.

> My current workaround is to have channels.conf file where one channel is
> with CA value 0, and others  with b00. Now VDR starts up to this "0 channel"
> and updates the CA-value to b00. Channels.conf is deleted and copied from
> template everytime when VDR is started.

Same here. Only problem still left is that if a recording is going on
and VDR crashes (or emergency exits...) for some reason the systems ends
up in a never ending emerg exit loop. That's because the CAMs are not
initialized before VDR starts to resume recording and therefore doesn't
get any data (video data stream broken) and issues an emergency exit.

This also kinda relates with the thread about Error handling vs. user
friendliness.

--
Heikki M

Home | Main Index | Thread Index