[vdr] Re: CAM initialization problem

Heikki Manninen wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 23:27 +0200, Tero Siironen wrote:

I have problem with VDR 1.3.[14-17] and Technotrend's dvb-c FF card with CAM
and Conax. Problem is that all the cable channels here in Oulu are
encrypted. Now, if I have set CA value in channels.conf to B00 for every
channel, VDR cannot open any channel at the startup as the CAM is not
initialized.

Confirm that. I noted this here about a month ago also on another
thread.
There might be a workaround - not very nice - but most times it works for
me: In remux.c change the line:

#define MAXNONUSEFULDATA (10*1024*1024)

to a a higher value. I don't know what's the maximum value.

Actually I use:

#define MAXNONUSEFULDATA (220*1024*1024)

that gives vdr more time to initialize the CAM.

regards
Wolfgang

Home | Main Index | Thread Index