[vdr] Re: Feature request: "shutdown when recording finishes"

On Tuesday 04 Jan 2005 13:22, Sergei Haller wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Laz (L) wrote:
>
> L> Hi,
> L>
> L> I have a (hopefully) simple feature request:
> L>
> L> My vdr box is off most of the time and gets turned on when required,
> etc. If I L> am recording something and I go out in the middle of the
> recording, it would L> be nice to be able to press the power button and
> have it shut down L> immediately after the recording has finished, like it
> does with an automatic L> startup, rather than sitting there for the
> activivity timeout (2h, or so). L> The same sort of thing is sometimes
> present in CD-recording software: shut L> down PC when finished writing.
>
> this feature does exist: just press the shutdown button in the in the
> middle of a recording. It will ask you if you are sure. Dont press any
> buttons.

Ahhhhh...didn't realise that it did actually work like that, i.e just how I
wanted it to! I assumed that it just ignored it if you didn't agree to the
"Timer active, shutdown anyway?" prompt. I'll test later...

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index