[vdr] Feature request: "shutdown when recording finishes"

Hi,

I have a (hopefully) simple feature request:

My vdr box is off most of the time and gets turned on when required, etc. If I
am recording something and I go out in the middle of the recording, it would
be nice to be able to press the power button and have it shut down
immediately after the recording has finished, like it does with an automatic
startup, rather than sitting there for the activivity timeout (2h, or so).
The same sort of thing is sometimes present in CD-recording software: shut
down PC when finished writing.

It works fine as it is but it would be nice to be able to trick vdr into
thinking that it was an automatic startup rather than a manual startup or
there has been some user interaction.

I had a bit of a look near the end of vdr.c but couldn't work out the logic of
all the tests for whether to shut down or not: I was hoping for something
like a "manual start" flag which could be tested later but I don't think
there is one.

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index