[vdr] Re: Feature request: "shutdown when recording finishes"

Only a thought...

this could be done by scripts.

Just create somewhere a file (maybe by touch) and make an entry for this in
the commands.conf

Within the file called before and after recordings (-r option) do the
following in the "after recordings"-section:
- test whether the above mentioned file exists
- if yes, delete it and call "at now ..\shutdown-command" (something like
svdrpsend.pl HITK power)

I hope you understand what I meant :-)

lg, Gerhard

> Hi,
>
> I have a (hopefully) simple feature request:
>
> My vdr box is off most of the time and gets turned on when required, etc.
> If I
> am recording something and I go out in the middle of the recording, it
> would
> be nice to be able to press the power button and have it shut down
> immediately after the recording has finished, like it does with an
> automatic
> startup, rather than sitting there for the activivity timeout (2h, or so).
> The same sort of thing is sometimes present in CD-recording software: shut
> down PC when finished writing.
>
> It works fine as it is but it would be nice to be able to trick vdr into
> thinking that it was an automatic startup rather than a manual startup or
> there has been some user interaction.
>
> I had a bit of a look near the end of vdr.c but couldn't work out the
> logic of
> all the tests for whether to shut down or not: I was hoping for something
> like a "manual start" flag which could be tested later but I don't think
> there is one.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laz

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail