[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.8

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:37:28 +0100, Stefan Lucke
<stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm pleased to announce a new release of vdr softdevice plugin.
>
> In short words: softdevice plugin is for getting vdr to your desktop with
> so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
> DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.
>
> For compile options, please read the Makefile carefully and decide which of
> the available output methods fits to your system.
>
> Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
>
> If you previously downloaded 0.0.8pre1 version, you may upgrade this with
> the command: 'cvs update -r v008' from your softdevice-0.0.8pre1 directory.
>
> By subscribing to the to cvs list via
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/softdevice-cvs
> you'll get informed about lastest changes.
>
> For those who are interested in active development, subscribing to
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/softdevice-devel
> is a good choice.
>
> Softdevice development crew has now three members:
> Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache who has rewritten the A/V sync code
> and me (Stefan Lucke).
>
> Changelog since last release:
>  2005-01-04: softdevice-0.0.8
>  2005-01-02:
>    -dfb-out: override pixelformat when mgatv is specified.
>  2005-01-01:
>   - dfb-out: fix for dfb-0.9.20 and 0.9.21 matrox crtc2 layer names
>              fix for OSD not shown with vdr-1.2.x
>  2004-12-31:
>   - xv-out: Fix for our bug #2972. Black color key is
>             now back to value 0x00000000. Savage card users have to
>             file bug reports at X11 developers, if their OSD is not shown
>             or change colorkey setting to value 0x01000000 in file
>             video-xv.c in call of "attributeStore.SetColorkey(0x00000000);" .
>  2004-12-30:
>   - xv-out: compile fix for gcc 3.4.3
>             fix for vdr-1.2.x "_ZN9cVideoOut8OSDStartEv"
>  2004-12-21: softdevice-0.0.8pre1
>   - directFB:
>      - some basic support for mga tv-out with directFB- this is selectable
>        via option -vo dfb:mgatv .
>      - VIA Unichrome handling added. works with recent cvs version of DFB
>  2004-12-12:
>   - Added reporting of AC3 stream info (with help from plugin femon).
>   - Changed A/V sync point by 4 frames. Sync is now ok for streams with PTS
>     value for each frame and for streams with PTS values for I-Frames only.
>     Thus OSD option "A/V Sync" is obsolete.
>  2004-11-14:
>   - new A-V sync with linux RTC support
>   - changed audio buffering
>   - implemented serveral missing cDevice methods:
>     TrickSpeed(),Clear(),Freeze()...
>   - process smaller packets at one time to improve
>     the response time
>   - sleep in Poll if buffer is full
>
> Stefan Lucke

Hi Stefan,

As per a recent conversation under vdr-xine latest announcement, It
looks like australia dvb is using AFD signals in the dvb stream.  I
noticed in the changelogs that softdevice has zoom for xv output with
regards to AFD, is this planned or implimented for dfb output?  I am
using mga (G400) output under vdr-xine right now, but AFD signalling
is not dealt with in this plugin (it means 4:3 signals are
encaptulated in 16:9 signals).

Mick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index