[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.8

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of vdr softdevice plugin.

In short words: softdevice plugin is for getting vdr to your desktop with
so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.

For compile options, please read the Makefile carefully and decide which of
the available output methods fits to your system.

Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/

If you previously downloaded 0.0.8pre1 version, you may upgrade this with
the command: 'cvs update -r v008' from your softdevice-0.0.8pre1 directory.

By subscribing to the to cvs list via
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/softdevice-cvs
you'll get informed about lastest changes.

For those who are interested in active development, subscribing to
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/softdevice-devel
is a good choice.

Softdevice development crew has now three members:
Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache who has rewritten the A/V sync code
and me (Stefan Lucke).

Changelog since last release:
  2005-01-04: softdevice-0.0.8
  2005-01-02:
    -dfb-out: override pixelformat when mgatv is specified.
  2005-01-01:
   - dfb-out: fix for dfb-0.9.20 and 0.9.21 matrox crtc2 layer names
              fix for OSD not shown with vdr-1.2.x
  2004-12-31:
   - xv-out: Fix for our bug #2972. Black color key is
             now back to value 0x00000000. Savage card users have to
             file bug reports at X11 developers, if their OSD is not shown
             or change colorkey setting to value 0x01000000 in file
             video-xv.c in call of "attributeStore.SetColorkey(0x00000000);" .
  2004-12-30:
   - xv-out: compile fix for gcc 3.4.3
             fix for vdr-1.2.x "_ZN9cVideoOut8OSDStartEv"
  2004-12-21: softdevice-0.0.8pre1
   - directFB:
      - some basic support for mga tv-out with directFB- this is selectable
        via option -vo dfb:mgatv .
      - VIA Unichrome handling added. works with recent cvs version of DFB
  2004-12-12:
   - Added reporting of AC3 stream info (with help from plugin femon).
   - Changed A/V sync point by 4 frames. Sync is now ok for streams with PTS
     value for each frame and for streams with PTS values for I-Frames only.
     Thus OSD option "A/V Sync" is obsolete.
  2004-11-14:
   - new A-V sync with linux RTC support
   - changed audio buffering
   - implemented serveral missing cDevice methods:
     TrickSpeed(),Clear(),Freeze()...
   - process smaller packets at one time to improve
     the response time
   - sleep in Poll if buffer is full

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index