[vdr] Re: Multiple languaghes

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote
> I'm in the process of implementing audio track handling in VDR
> and was experimenting with

>    ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_CHANNEL_SELECT, AudioChannel)

> (AudioChannel = 0, 1 or 2)

> but apparently this doesn't work - at least not on my Siemens DVB-S
> Rev. 1.3 card.

> Which DVB card are you using?
> Does it work for you in live _and_ replay mode?

Some weeks ago (middle of November) I have announced here a patch for this
against vdr 1.3.15. Unhappily this was the time, when there was some trouble
with the mailing list server. Therefor you can't find that announcement in
the archive.
I also used the function AUDIO_CHANNEL_SELECT and it works fine for me on 2
PC (one with a DVB-S Rev. 1.3 card, the other with 2 DVB-S rev. 1.5 cards).
It works in live _and_ replay mode, but I am only able to hear a difference
if the selected audio stream contains two different audio channels. This is
(here in central europe) mainly on the swiss channels and with some arabian
channels on hotbird.
You can download my patch file from
   http://www.groppe.de/files/vdraudiopatch.diff

Regards