[vdr] Re: One wire solution

> I assume that "DC Blocker" is "only"/"mainly" required to protect
> the several recievers on the single wire from each other.
> The receivers should not have a problem if a voltage
> is applied, but....

For this reason a DC blocker is required in any installation where
more than one receiver is fed by one single cable, but it also implies
that the "switch" (not really a switch) which feeds them has to ignore
the DC signal. Obviously 22kHz and DISEQC are useless as well with
shared cables.

> >this is one obvious disadvantage (but it would
> >perhaps be possible to build such a box with four inputs too).
>
> But the bandwidth of the cable would not be sufficent to carry
> all the required channels, or?

I rather wonder if the bandwidth of the _tuners_ is sufficient, even
with the 2-input solution talked about here.

> >Another thought: surely such a device has to be designed to work with
> >commercial STBs.
>
> Technisat offers special STBs for their box.
> But that may be done only to ensure extra business...

If it doesn't work with regular STBs that should be clearly indicated
in the specs...

Olaf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index