[vdr] Re: Problem with auto-updating channels.conf

In <20041229005453.GA26575@acentral.co.uk>, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 10:56:15PM +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:
> > I think the problems I've been having lately are mainly caused by
> > channels.conf becoming inconsistent after an automatic EPG scan.

[Snip]

> This is off the top of my head, but compare the lines that VDR's autopid
> engine adds with your manual / scan -o vdr ones. In my experience, the
> difference is usually that the frequency is stored as 6 digits versus 9
> - if you use the 6-digit format, VDR will likely just update your
> exising entries than try to create new ones..

I tried forcing them to 6 digits, but then it just updated some of them
to 9 digits but left some at 6, added the scrambled channels I can't
view, and moved BBC THREE to near the end without its Freeview number
(it seems to like doing that for some reason).

It would be OK if setting EPGScanTimeout = 0 disabled the updating like
it's supposed to, but it doesn't. That would be really useful, because
even without the problem of VDR actually breaking channels.conf it still
messes it up by not keeping the Freeview numbers, sorting accordingly
and omitting unwanted channels. Could this EPGScanTimeout bug be a
simple one that can be fixed quickly in time for 1.3.18?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index