[vdr] Re: Problem with auto-updating channels.conf

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:32:11PM +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:

> I tried forcing them to 6 digits, but then it just updated some of them
> to 9 digits but left some at 6, added the scrambled channels I can't
> view, and moved BBC THREE to near the end without its Freeview number
> (it seems to like doing that for some reason).

I don't understand how / why VDR would move an existing channel to a new
position :/

I can understand it creating a 'duplicate' BBC THREE at the end because
it thinks it's not the same channel as you have defined on channel 9
(that's right?)

> It would be OK if setting EPGScanTimeout = 0 disabled the updating like
> it's supposed to, but it doesn't. That would be really useful, because
> even without the problem of VDR actually breaking channels.conf it still
> messes it up by not keeping the Freeview numbers, sorting accordingly
> and omitting unwanted channels. Could this EPGScanTimeout bug be a
> simple one that can be fixed quickly in time for 1.3.18?

It sounds like you want UpdatePids rather than EPGScanTimeout... Setup
-> DVB -> Update channels - take your pick from the 4 options, or just
switch the autopid engine off completely, since only 'scan' has the
Freeview channel-number code, anyway.

In that case you might be just as well cronning vdr to shut down at 4am,
do a new 'scan' excluding the Top-Up TV channels, write a new
channels.conf, and re-run vdr?

Cheers,
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index