[vdr] Re: muggle and vdr-1.3.18

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
Everything seems to work now but there is no tone.

I am still using old firmware 216 and intend to do so
until this issue is resolved. I applied no patches to vdr, and only two plugins run: remote and muggle.

Could somebody please have a look at this code from muggle:

lpcmFrame.PES[2] = 0x01;
lpcmFrame.PES[3] = 0xbd;
lpcmFrame.PES[6] = 0x87;
lpcmFrame.LPCM[0] = 0xa0; // substream ID
lpcmFrame.LPCM[1] = 0xff;
lpcmFrame.LPCM[5] = 0x01;
lpcmFrame.LPCM[6] = 0x80;

0xbd obviously means to VDR that this is dolby digital, see
cDevice::PlayPesPacket(). Since this is a mp3 file I suspect
this is not Dolby Digital.

So I changed 0xbd to 0xc0. Now I get further but in cDvbDevice::PlayAudio() write() returns without delay and EAGAIN.
The return value of write() is 2048 as expected.

What is wrong here?

0XBD also means PRIVATE_STREAM1:

remux.c:#define PRIVATE_STREAM1 0xBD

is there a problem in PlayPesPacket handling of private streams?

If you didn't notice yet: I have no idea of what I'm talking about,
just poking in the dark...

I believe the mp3 plugin will have the same problem, it defines the
same PES header values.
Please try calling

  cDevice:PrimaryDevice()->SetCurrentAudioTrack(ttDolbyFirst);

to set the audio track to the one with id 0xBD.

Substream ids will become an issue once VDR handles subtitles.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index