[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.17 + vdr-xine-0.6.3 + linux-kernel-2.6.10instability

floofy.lagayovitch@gmail.com(Floofy Lagayovitch)  10.01.05 13:00

Once upon a time "Floofy Lagayovitch " shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi all,

>I am using vdr-1.3.17 on my box for some time now, and it really
>worked great. Yesterday, I compiled myself a 2.6.10 kernel, hoping it
>would solve some alsa problems I had.

>But when I tried to launch vdr and kaffeine (my player for vdr-xine) I
>experienced a high instability (that is : almost no complete frame,
>and vdr hangs when switching channels).

>I think it is due to vdr-xine, because if I don't start kaffeine
>playback, I can switch channels with no problem, and vdr doesn't hang.

>Has someone got a clue on how to solve this ? thanks in advance for
>any help.

Try 1.3.18 if your 1.3.17 was not threadsafe patched.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index