[vdr] Re: softdevice and DirectFB with Matrox G450

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 15:06 +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:

> I select the plugin with -P"softdevice -vo dfb:mgatv". I only found
> out
> about the -vo by happening on it in this mailing list; why is
> softdevice
> almost completely undocumented? I also tried -ao alsa and -ao oss to
> see
> if that would at least get sound working, but they didn't.

Only alsa is implemented. The -ao swith is used to select the alsa
device. My guess would be that the alsa output uses a different device
than you are expecting, and that you must choose a different color space
setting than the one that's used by default. Try all of I420, YV12 and
YUV2.

You can specify these in the setup.conf file as softdevice.PixelFormat =
1|2|3 etc.

Also, you can specify the alsa output device in this file using
softdevice.AlsaDevice = hw:0,2 etc.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index