[vdr] Re: softdevice and DirectFB with Matrox G450

In <1105457394.25930.25.camel@atlantis.netenviron.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> Only alsa is implemented. The -ao swith is used to select the alsa
> device. My guess would be that the alsa output uses a different device
> than you are expecting, and that you must choose a different color space
> setting than the one that's used by default. Try all of I420, YV12 and
> YUV2.
>
> You can specify these in the setup.conf file as softdevice.PixelFormat =
> 1|2|3 etc.

I got it working with the primary-layer option and YUV2 pixel format. I
think one reason it wasn't working before (including sound) was because
it keeps starting up tuned to a wrong channel entry or something. When I
changed channel it started working.

Two big problems though: none of the visible options support outputting
correctly to a 16:9 TV, and it's not dealing with interlacing correctly.
I need an equivalent of mplayer's "frameparity=top". Deinterlacing
filters are not a viable option.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index