[vdr] MP3 plugin feature request

The MP3 plugin is an essential part of our daily life, but there is one
small thing that I've missed. We always use the feature where the plugin
keeps a queue of songs to play, some kind of "instant" playlist. This is a
really, really good feature and one we use all the time, it's very easy to
add songs and albums to the playlist. We rarely use pre-made real
playlist files.

However, it is a bit annoying to always have to activate the plugin again
after a sing has been selected. Something like this:

	activate VDR menu
	select the MP3 plugin
	press yellow (browse)

	<now I'm at the toplevel song list>

	find the song to be enqueued
	press Ok to add the song
	song starts playing

At this point I'm thrown into the "listening" mode where I can view
progress of the song, seek and navigate the current playlist. It would be
handy to be able to add multiple songs to the instant playlist without
having to start from the base VDR menu all the time. Maybe have a
possibility to toggle between "add songs" and the normal playback mode to
make it easier to add a few selected songs to the instant playlist? Maybe
have some extra button for enqueing the song without closing the browser,
and have Ok work as it already does, ie closing the browser. We currently
use the 0.9.6 version.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work!

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index