[vdr] Re: Darren Salt's runvdr : where do I get stdout/err ?

Darren Salt a écrit :
I demand that Nicolas Huillard may or may not have written...

I can't manage to find where is directed stdout/stderr of the main vdr
process. I run /etc/init.d/vdr which start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/runvdr
which forks vdr... Nothing in the way seems to take care of stdout/err, but
I do not find them (neither on the terminal, not in any file). And I'm sure
my plugins have something to tell me...

Log in as user vdr ("su - vdr -s /bin/sh"), then:

  $ . /etc/default/vdr
  $ vdr -v $VIDEO_DIR -c $CFG_DIR -r $REC_CMD -s $SHUTDOWN_CMD $OPTIONS \
    <plugins>
I also copied the runvdr command-line as shown by ps, and added the -n option (don't daemonize) :

/usr/sbin/runvdr -n -k -v /home/video -c /var/lib/vdr -r /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-recordingaction -s /usr/lib/vdr/vdr-shutdown -w 60

(run as root)

(replace <plugins> appropriately).

Maybe I should add a one-shot output-to-console mode to runvdr...

My goal was primarily to have a file containing stderr/stdout in normal running : while vdr is run from boot. An output-to-file mode would be great.

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index