[vdr] Re: Darren Salt's runvdr : where do I get stdout/err ?

I demand that Nicolas Huillard may or may not have written...

> I can't manage to find where is directed stdout/stderr of the main vdr
> process. I run /etc/init.d/vdr which start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/runvdr
> which forks vdr... Nothing in the way seems to take care of stdout/err, but
> I do not find them (neither on the terminal, not in any file). And I'm sure
> my plugins have something to tell me...

Log in as user vdr ("su - vdr -s /bin/sh"), then:

  $ . /etc/default/vdr
  $ vdr -v $VIDEO_DIR -c $CFG_DIR -r $REC_CMD -s $SHUTDOWN_CMD $OPTIONS \
    <plugins>

(replace <plugins> appropriately).

Maybe I should add a one-shot output-to-console mode to runvdr...

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

Don't comment bad code. Rewrite it.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index