[vdr] Re: Dvdplugin -- no sound (2 ch) using HEAD dvb-kernel

On Friday 14 January 2005 10:36, C.Y.M wrote:
> Alexw wrote:
> > Same for me. As mentioned in the CVS files, this version is not working
> > at the moment. Hope this small sound problem will be fixed in the CVS
> > soon.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > On Friday 14 January 2005 01:07, Stefan Norberg wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I upgraded my vdr to kernel 2.6.9 and CVS HEAD (dvb-kernel) from today.
> >>Everything works great except that I have no sound from the dvd plugin.
> >>
> >>I tried to run vdr-1.3.15 with the same source code (vdr + plugins) that
> >>I had working in 2.4.x with the "DVB" driver , but no difference.
> >>
> >>Last attempt was to run vdr-xine. Same result. No analog sound out when
> >>stream is AC3.
> >>
> >>I would eventually will want to use AC3 output, but I currently lack some
> >>hardware
> >>to try it out.
> >>
> >>Please help! (my wife is annoyed ;)
>
> You didnt mention what kind of card you are using, but if it is a FF card,
> then try updating the firmware as well..  I have 2.6.10 + current CVS from
> dvb-kernel and vdr-1.3.18 + cvs of vdr-dvd and the PCM audio is working
> fine (using a FF card).  I have not tested any budget cards..
>
> Regards,

Strange, I am using the same config as you ( FF 1.3 - J2/Line out - 2.6.10 -
DVB Driver CVS - 1.3.18 - DVD plugin CVS) But I still not hearing any sound
coming out from both j2 or DVB audio out. Did you apply an external patch?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index