[vdr] Re: Dvdplugin -- no sound (2 ch) using HEAD dvb-kernel

Hello,

C.Y.M schrieb:
> Alexw wrote:
> > On Friday 14 January 2005 10:36, C.Y.M wrote:
> >
> > Strange, I am using the same config as you ( FF 1.3 - J2/Line out - 2.6.10 -
> > DVB Driver CVS - 1.3.18 - DVD plugin CVS) But I still not hearing any sound
> > coming out from both j2 or DVB audio out. Did you apply an external patch?
> >

> Now that I think about it, I have only tested it with DVD's that I have created myself.  When I
> create the DVD, I exclude the AC3 pid during the muxing process to fit more video on the dvd.. So, I
> bet that if an AC3 pid exists, it will choose that one over the MP2 audio track..

Hmmmm.... I'm a happy user of VDR since 2001.

Sometime in 2003 I installed the Debian based c't-vdr distribution
on my box, doing only apt-get upgrades regulary.  Since I don't view
DVDs very often, I can't say after which upgrade I lost the sound
from the DVD plugin.  But at the moment I'm running the c't VDR
distro version 3.06 (did a complete reinstall just a week ago).
Mysteriously a selfmade DVD created with vdrconvert last year still plays
just fine (means with sound), where several commercial DVDs (Matrix,
Garfield) now play without sound.

My system has two FF cards from Hauppauge.  DVD playback of
the commercial DVDs did work with an earlier version of the
vdr/DVB/dvdplugin software combo.  But since I didn't kept the
.deb archives I unable to find out which update caused the sound
to disappear.

At the moment my VDR system is powered down and I'm not at home,
so that just now unable to provide more detailed version information
about the used packages.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index