[vdr] Re: Default video dir

Hi,
I know that Klaus does not like the splitting of the video directory
over several directories very much and I agree with him totally.
The handling of different directories ( as its implemented now ) can
cause the lost of nearly all records if the first directory crashes.

Hm...
why should a directory "crash"?

What I meant is that splitting recordings over several disks is a much higher risk than keeping the recordings together.
It's better to loose 20 full recordings than 40 half recordings :-)
Also the handling of different directories is not too trivial and in
my eyes its absolutely unnecessary.

If there is a easier way to "add" extra space -temporary- it's OK.

I found they current way not very convient too, that's why i ask.

There are several ways to do so. You can use category names and link these to different disks, and when you add a timer name the recording like:
category~recording
Another possibility ( which I am using ) is to cut recordings to another disk.
But therefore you need a little patch :-)
I wanted to record it to a separate USB disc...
How can i do that with a Softwareraid?

Just mount this Disc to /video and if you want to see your old recordings also, then create a link to your old video directory under /video
--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index