[vdr] Re: VDR-1.3.19 : DD-Audio stuttering when switching betweenPro7 and Sat1

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 12:30:06PM +0100, Dominik Strasser wrote:

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

You meant Mpeg Audio decoded into PCM ?? This would be a problem
if you have disabled DD in the VDR configuration menu.
If you replay AC3 as PCM your speakers will be very noisy.

Hi Werner,
my receiver displays the type of the stream.
It displays PCM for vdr 1.3.20, but AC-3 + 3/2.1 for 1.3.15 + AC3overDVB or test_av_play (all for the same recording).

Hmmm ... it's a stupid question, but do you've switched the
audio stream by using the green button for the audio menu?

Maybe VDR should display at start of a replay and at channel
switch the available audio streams with the active audio
stream marked as the active one.

Hi Werner,
this wasn't a stupid question. It was the solution!
Menu/green showed me 3 streams marked as "1", "2", and "33", where the third one was the one I was looking for!

One problem less on my list.

But yor proposal to display the streams is good. Or have a preference setting like with AC3overDVB to prefer either the AC3 or the PCM channel. Saves you and some more idiots like me some time :-))

Regards

Dominik

Home | Main Index | Thread Index