Support for its digital side was added to Hg in September 2009.
Dual hybrid digital/analog tuners, low profile.
- Single slot PCI Express (PCIe) X1 board, half height.
- Two analog tuners, each with their own hardware encoders
- Two digital TV receivers for ATSC or clear QAM
- Dual built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoders.
- Pair of NXP TDA18271HD tuner chips.
Could someone who has this card please take a good look at the board and list all the chips here?
The REV C1F1 has:
- NXP SAA7164E/3
- Pair of Conexant CX24228-21Z demodulators
Samsung 819 K4H561638H-UCCC
The REV C2F2 has
The REV C3F2 has
- NXP SAA7164E/3
- Samsung 846 - K4H561638J-LCCC - H56162YI369GDU
- Pair of Conexant CX24228-21Z - NI3W4H - 0811 KR
- 0916 - 3506 - EFE - N8578
- 24C3265I- 408(4)9E - not sure on the (4)
- Pair of LD1117 - C822
Making it Work
In September 2009, Steven Toth at kernellabs submitted code to the linux kernel mailing list that adds support for the NXP Saa7164 PCIe A/V bridge used by the Hauppauge HVR-2250 card. See instructions at Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200. Note that the upstream driver support is limited to DVB-T / ATSC / QAM digital TV only
Experimental analog support was released by KernelLabs on July 31, 2010. See here for more details related to installing analog support: KernelLabs saa7164 analog announcement
Development continues at http://www.steventoth.net/blog/products/hvr-2250/
The windows driver and linux firmware extraction scripts are up on http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx
Drivers are expected to be included in Linux 2.6.32.
In the meantime, for stable tree hg clone http://kernellabs.com/hg/saa7164-stable/
For Development tree hg clone http://kernellabs.com/hg/~stoth/saa7164-dev/
then... make menuconfig edit as needed make make install reboot
Sample Kernel Output
provide the relevant portion of dmesg here