[linux-dvb] Sync between AUDIO/VIDEO

Hello to everybody...

I now work with the current CVS-Version of the 08 Driver and the output is
now realy good (especialy at: (ZDF, TM3...) no more Audio-Dropouts - there
are some Picture Jumps but that will be solved any time - i think..

But my Problem:

I want to RE-ENCODE the STREAM (TRANSCODE) to a lower BITRATE) - i use the
MPEG2_MOVIE packet (in it is the well known MPLEX Multiplexer)

How i work:

First i Demultiplex Audio and Video from the recorded Stream

Then i REENCODE the Video to a lower BITRATE and then the AUDIO-Stream
with this package. - The Quality of the video i also very good ! - i have tryed
to reencode a 670MB file to 280 MB - Video-Quality is OK - so everything is
allright - but the Problem is the SYNC !

After rencoding - i have a sync difference between Audio and Video - i
have tryed to insert some black Frames at the Video -File - and this helps -
but the sync lost at the end of the Movie again... - The second problem ist,
that the Sync - Difference is not allways the same - sometimes there are
200ms sometimes over 1 Second.....

Does anyone have tryed this again - or anyone have a idea to the sync
streams ?

At this moment i split the Stream to 3 Parts (700MB each) and burn it to 3
CDīs - i have connected a CD-Changer to my linux-box - so i donīt have to
change the CDīs Manualy - I have modifyed a Script for the VDR so the VDR
work with the CD-Changer...
This is Ok at Stations with Low-bitrate (Premiere) - bit if i record from
a Station with High - Bitrate - i get very big files - so 1 Movie would be
over 4-5 CDīs - and thatīs too much...

(PS: MY LINUX-BOX have a CD-Burner too - so i can burn the Movies without
any Keyboard - only with the Remote-Controll :-))))

---