[linux-dvb] Getting multiple channels

Aurelian Pop writes:

 >     Hello All,
 >
 >     I have problems getting multiple channels from the same frequency, having only one DVB-S card on my system. The Linux DVB API specifies that for each pid one has to allocate another filter, by reopening /dev/ost/demuxn device. Nothing more.
 >     I did that, but I get only the first channel requested (I mean the first audio and video pids requested). The former ones are not delivered to me.
 >     What am I missing or doing wrong?

You can open only one PES_AUDIO and PES_VIDEO because those are the
ones that are supposed to be displayed. If you want a second video or
audio or whatever PES filter you have to use PES_OTHER.
Should that be in the FAQ or is it obvious?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de