[linux-dvb] Elementary questions

Hello!
Sorry for disturbing the list with my very elementary questions , but I
am
absolutely new in DVB technic and in this list also!
We have RedHat 6.2 on our box with the kernel 2.2.14-5.0 and would like
to use
our SkyStar1 card for internet and TV connection trough Astra satellite.

We have an opened account by europeonline, and we downloaded
siemens_dvb-0.8.2
driver ,dvbd2 driver and dvbrouter.
Our linux box has LAN connection to the internet ( with a public TCP/IP
address ).
After doing all the things according to the INSTALL script in dvb-0.8.2
driver package
(make , make insmod in driver dir, make in libdvb dir and make in apps
dir )
everything seems to be Ok.
We can see , using ifconfig the dvb0 , with address 192.168.4.1, we can
ping that
address (RX and TX packet counts remaining 0 !!!!!!!) , but using gVideo
application
we have nothing on the screen!( No Pro7 or anything)
Using Cyberlogin after setting up the init script with our login name
and password
there is the message Connecting ...... on the console and nothing
happens.
We have no idea how to set up or change the transponder (no utility for
that),
and the attempts to connect to the proxyes of transponders are
unsuccessful.
So we would like to ask you for help in setup for elementary functions
of the dvb card
since there is no detailed  documentation at all!
Shuold we install dvbd2 and dvrouter also ?
How to choose the transponders, where are the parameters?
We are absolute novice so please help!
Thanks!
(p.s. sure we have our antenna tested and connected to the dvb card)

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: gabor.vcf
-- Desc: Card for Szemerédy Gábor

---