[linux-dvb] Re: Getting multiple channels

Hi,

> "Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:
> >
> > You can open only one PES_AUDIO and PES_VIDEO because those are the
> > ones that are supposed to be displayed. If you want a second video or
> > audio or whatever PES filter you have to use PES_OTHER.
> > Should that be in the FAQ or is it obvious?

Having open one PES_AUDIO-demux-device and one
PES_VIDEO-demux-device works fine (target is the
MPEG-Decoder on the Siemens-Card). However I did _not_ get
any data (DMX_OUT_TAP) for another PES_OTHER-demux_device
(for checking out the PAT (PID = 0x0000)). Only after
closing the PES_AUDIO- and PES_VIDEO-file-descriptors (the
audio/video-demuxing still works ==> I can see the
TV-Program!) I am getting the desired data!?

Is this correct: I have to close demuxing-devices with the
MPEG-Decoder as target, before any DMX_OUT_TAP-demux works!?
Do I get other issues by closing a demux without stopping it
first?
How many demux-threads are allowed per /dev/ost/demuxn?

BTW, I am still using driver 0.8.2. Kernel 2.2.18

Thorsten

---