[linux-dvb] Re: help: playing vdr with windows-tools

Hi...

> i need some help for playing the vdr-files with windows tools.
> MPEG2 would be good, convert to MPEG1 or divx would be good too.

Until now I played only with short stuff like Futurama-Episodes.. so I
can not tell about merging larger stuff, but with Virtualdub it should be
no problem to merge large AVIs. I will give it a try when I have
installed the 40GB IBM drive I bought today...

> I have tested demux and mux with the mpegtools, with mplex and

1) I use "mplex -t MPEG2 001.vdr" to remux
2) Under Windows, I use FlaskMPEG to convert the out.mpg with
Divx-Low-Motion (1200kbit, Keyframe every 1 sec) and MP3 (96kbit, 48kHz).
Takes a while (2-3 hours for 20 mins of input on my K7/500MHz) and I get
something around 200MB from a 600+MB source in quite good quality.

> tmpeg and mpegrepair. Nothing worked well (picture and sound not
> synchronous, converts only 50%, message "illegal mpeg stream",
> picture-distortions and so on).

No problems here, but I must not change the samplerate of the sound (when
I tried MP3 44,1kHz, the sound got out of sync [too fast], so it seems it
is better to keep the original samplerate).

Greetings,  Marcus