[linux-dvb] Re: Aspect Ratio / 16:9-transmissions

> as some of you might know, Premiereworld is broadcasting the
> Star-Wars-Movies this month. When I watched Epsiode One on April 1st with
> my d-box, it was in anamorphic format so I could use the better quality
> on my 16:9-TV. Last week I finally got my second Hauppauge card (new
> version) exchanged with the old version and now I have two cards working,
> the second one with CI/Allcam/PW-Card. Yesterday there was another
> broadcast of Episode One and when I watched it with my VDR, it was not in
> anamorphic format but letterboxed. How did this come? Did PW broadcast
> another version or was it the DVB-S/driver who converted it? If it's the

According to an article on digitv.de
(http://digitv.de/meldungen/986829514,80357,.shtml), Premiere had problems
with their broadcast equipment so they "switched to a backup system". The
article only mentions missing Dolby AC-3 sound on the backup system but they
probably also changed the video format.

Regards,
hh