[linux-dvb] MPEG2 and *.vdr

Hi folks,

after sveral nights I'm really tired now to convert my *.vdr files to SVCD.
Nothing has worked.

I used mplex from the 0.82 drivers to convert the input files to all the
implemented formats.
I had some error messages about buffer underflows for the VCD and SVCD
formats. The source was a ZDF commercial sequence starting with the
"Mainzelmännchen". The whole sequence was about 64MBytes. Because I like all
the videoprocessing tools on my W2k box I copied all the resulting files and
also the original to the W2k box and tried several tools to convert the
files into a standard compressed SVCD but....

1. The windows mediaplayer plays them all except MPEG(1). The MPEG2 format
was the best. Absolut top quality in video but I'am not able to use
fullscreen. It is jumping from picture to picture. The sound is poping a
little bit but I think thats because of the amount of data. My Graphics card
is a ASUS 7700. This should be fast enough but maybe the disk is the
bottleneck. These are uncompressed data, so a hugh amount of throughput is
used. And the W2k uses also a lot of CPU sometimes

2. All the PVA tools are not recognizing the VDR streams and the other
formats.

3. flaskMPEG with bbMPEG seems to work for my MPEG2 format first but bbMPEG
will use more than 225 hours (and that is to much for only 64Mbyte. I'm
thinking about normal movies with 4-6Gbytes. In that time I can produce such
movies by myself.

4. TMPGenc was the next try. But here I only got 12 (in words twelve) frames
compressed and than it stops. All the settings where made according to the
"EDV-Tip" from Stefan Uchrin. From the useability I like the program most,
but only for twelve frames....?

5. Than I checked it with Adobe Premiere and MovieXOne/MoviePack. But here
its the same. After 12 frames these programs are stoped using the MPEG2
file.

So at the time I have nothing on CD but a filled up disk in my
"Wohnzimmer-Linux"-PC and a lot of real good movies on the air. I think I
have to turn back to tho "old-economy-fashioned" VCR.

Or is there some help out in the wild??

Many greatings for easter
Manfred

--