[linux-dvb] how to record?

Hello list.

I'm trying to record a movie with my Hauppauge DVB-s (rev 2.1) using the
CVS drivers. How does this work? cat /dev/ost/video0 or cat /dev/video0
doesnt work. I have also tried the tuxplayer, when i try to record, it
hangs.

The 0.8.2 DVB driver doesnt work for me. I get no picture, just a black
screen. When i try to set a channel with tuxzap it crashes.
VDR aborts at startup, syslog prints "do_mmap: failed".

To use the card i had to insmod the driver with init_chan=0, otherwise i'm
not able to set a channel.

Ciao, Thomas.