[linux-dvb] how to record?

Thomas Koch writes:

 > Hello list.
 >
 > I'm trying to record a movie with my Hauppauge DVB-s (rev 2.1) using the
 > CVS drivers. How does this work? cat /dev/ost/video0 or cat /dev/video0
 > doesnt work. I have also tried the tuxplayer, when i try to record, it
 > hangs.

It only works if you either started ntuxzap with the -e option and
leave it running while doing the cat, or you use tuxzap and press the
tux button. In both cases you can use cat /dev/ost/video or tuxplayer
to record.
Since the official behavior of the API would be to switch of any filters
when there is no application using the device, that is the only way to
do that with modular programs. The other way would be to have an
application which tunes and records, which would be less modular.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de