[linux-dvb] DVD Player on DVB (was Many thanks to all)

 There is dvdplayer.0.4 from Matjaz Thaler (ww2.arnes.si/~mthale1) which
works fine with dvb cards. It can also play .vob files from disk.
I think it would be a good idea to put vdr and dvdplayer together in one package.

The only disadvantage with dvdplyer (currently) is that you have to downgrade to kernel 2.2.18 and dvb-0.8.2.
I dont know what has changed since then but maybe one of the developers
of dvb has an answer.;-)

Here are my experiences with dvdplayer, which I also sent to Matjaz:

Using kernel 2.2.18 and dvb-0.8.2 (dvb-cvs does'nt compile) dvdplayer works
really fine.

With kernel 2.4.2 and dvb-cvs (or dvb-0.8.2) I get the
following results:

1. playing normal :
dvdplayer -a 0 -c -f /dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob
(the option -j n does'nt change anything)
Result:  video and sound disturbances

2. playing without sound:
dvdplayer -c -f /dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob
Result:  video is ok

3  playing without video:
dvdplayer -a 0 -v -c -f /dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob
Result:  sound is ok

4. playing different DVDs, no or minor change

Ernst