[linux-dvb] Re: Rebuilding index.vdr files

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:47:02 +0200, Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>
wrote:

> The only drawback will be the amount of time that I'll
> have to spend scrolling in vdr's > 100 entries recordings
> menu now. ;-)
>
> I think somebody else has suggested this before: Would'nt
> it be nice to have an additional hierarchical level in the
> recordings menu? As an example, that would allow us to
> group recordings by Genre or by "person who recorded it",
> etc.

I Think I have suggested it. ;-) I have now got some relief by changing
the macro FINDCMD so that the cut recordings with '%' at the front are
sorted to the end of the list. So the new recordings are always at the
beginning and I don't have to scroll through the endless list of old
recordings. As I cut only recordings which I want to keep for a longer
time this works pretty well. This can probably extented further by
putting key characters at the beginning of the titles. But I think this
all is just a kludge. We need at least one additional level. When
version for the new driver is finished I may have a look into it.

Emil