[linux-dvb] Imageproblem with kvdr

Emil Naepflein writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > when I run kvdr and the image is large on the screen, it is not very
 > good. It shows kind of short horizontal lines in areas that are moving.
 > It looks like kind of performance problem of the DVB card writing into
 > display memory.

I bet you have a board with VIA chipset. Those seem to have problems
with the DMA into video or capture memory.

 > Do I have to configure something in the kernel and/or X-server to get a
 > better image?

I don't think it is the X-servers fault. Maybe a BIOS update might
help, or it is just a VIA problem that would have to be addressed in
the driver!?

 > I use a Duron 700 and an ASUS 7100 Geforce card. The nv module is
 > configured in XFree 4.0.3.

Ok, that seems to be a VIA. I also see some problems with our Duron
(ABit KT7-100) board. Although, it is worst when in memory capture
mode, i.e. no direct writing into graphics memory. I haven't tried
kvdr, so I don't know which mode it is using.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de