[linux-dvb] Re: Imageproblem with kvdr

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:29:52 +0200 (CEST), "Marcus O.C. Metzler"
<mocm@convergence.de> wrote:

> I bet you have a board with VIA chipset. Those seem to have problems
> with the DMA into video or capture memory.

Its a KT133A on a MSI motherboard.

> I don't think it is the X-servers fault. Maybe a BIOS update might
> help,

It has current bios and I don't think that the BIOS will change anything
because it is not involved here.

> or it is just a VIA problem that would have to be addressed in
> the driver!?

I really don't know. May be I try a normal WinTV card with bttv and see
if this works. If this causes the same problems then we have a general
KT133 problem, if the problem is not noticable, the DVB driver may have
to be fixed.

> Ok, that seems to be a VIA. I also see some problems with our Duron
> (ABit KT7-100) board. Although, it is worst when in memory capture
> mode, i.e. no direct writing into graphics memory. I haven't tried
> kvdr, so I don't know which mode it is using.

Can you display full screen on your Duron without any damages in the
image?

I will also try to compile in the AGP support of the kernel. Maybe this
helps. BTW, I had the same problem with an old Mach64 pci card. So it
seems to be a more general problem.

Emil