[linux-dvb] Re: Imageproblem with kvdr

Emil Naepflein writes:

 > > Ok, that seems to be a VIA. I also see some problems with our Duron
 > > (ABit KT7-100) board. Although, it is worst when in memory capture
 > > mode, i.e. no direct writing into graphics memory. I haven't tried
 > > kvdr, so I don't know which mode it is using.
 >
 > Can you display full screen on your Duron without any damages in the
 > image?

I have no monitor attached right now. As far as I remember there was
no problem with overlay, only with copying to memory, but I could be
wrong. If I use tuxview with the remote option "-r", I get a lot of
distortions.

 > I will also try to compile in the AGP support of the kernel. Maybe this
 > helps. BTW, I had the same problem with an old Mach64 pci card. So it
 > seems to be a more general problem.

It could  be a pci latency problem, but it is definitely localized to
the VIA chipsets.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de