[linux-dvb] Re: Imageproblem with kvdr

Am Montag, 23. April 2001 13:31 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> when I run kvdr and the image is large on the screen, it is not very
> good. It shows kind of short horizontal lines in areas that are moving.
> It looks like kind of performance problem of the DVB card writing into
> display memory.

Are you sure that it's not just the interlacing problem of "standard"
tv-transmissions? (e.g. the NTV-news ticker is horrible, in opposite watch
some recent movie's as they are typically transmitted in full-frame mode,
they should be clear.)

I've observed the same with old S3-968, then with Mach64 and now with
Voodoo3000 - always thought it's just the interlacing as i have it with Bt878
too (and it's nothing special to fullscreen-mode, you can just see it better
then).

If your graphics card has a TVout, so that you can display the monitor image
at a TVset you will probably not see the stripes where at the same time they
are visible at your monitor because a TVset has long not that sharp an image.

It's really a pity that DVB is not used to it's full performance, aka HDTV
and multiple audio-pid's for any movie :-(