[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning survey DTV - What features are needed ???

hi rolf!

as i made some thoughts about tuning (channel scanning), and
had read some of the tuning problems about (i think) dw-tv
and/or cnn i had the following idea:

on my "normal" sat receiver (analog + digital) i could set an
offset for the frequencies depending on my installation.
this sometimes improved picture quality (and maybe will
improve tuning of the dvb-s).

see what i mean? we all use the same frequencies for tuning.
signal quality is good, and signal level as well. but if
the tuner tries to lock on the "wrong" frequency that could
sometimes make a problem.

so i think maybe your working frequ/channel search could be
adapted to the vdr channel format.

what do you think?

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller